New innovations in micro-learning and enhanced gamification capabilities accelerate Saba’s modern learning leadership, delivering unmatched value to learners and talent leaders
Las Vegas, NV – October 10, 2017 – HR Technology Conference & Exposition - Saba, a leading provider of people-centric talent management solutions, today announced at the HR Technology Conference & Exposition new innovations that accelerate a complete, modern learning experience for employees within its latest release of the Saba Cloud platform.
Designed to address changing learner expectations without sacrificing measurable results and business impact, Saba's latest capabilities, including micro-learning and gamification, enable organizations to deliver an unmatched learning experience.
"Employees want more than structured corporate training and development programs. They want to discover and define their own personal learning journeys. They expect learning to be available everywhere and at any time, across broad range of modalities and content, within the flow of their day-to-day work. At the same time, organizations need to ensure that the outcomes of informal learning are measurable, effective, aligned to business goals, and are driving increased performance and engagement," said John Hiraoka, Chief Strategy Officer at Saba. "Our latest release of Saba Cloud enhances micro-learning, extends gamification, and provides expanded video and mobile capabilities which, along with our recently released informal learning experience and record store (LRS), enables talent leaders to address the changing expectations of their employees with a single solution."
Saba brings a more personalized approach to micro-learning that puts the wants and needs of employees front and center. Designed to be shorter, media-rich, and accessible anywhere and anytime, Saba Cloud will generate a weekly email digest with suggested micro-learning content that can be consumed in under 10 minutes.
In its latest release, Saba makes it easy for learners to find fresh, personalized and easily consumable content, right in the moment, and right at the point of need. Saba's framework simplifies micro-learning content identification and curation:
- Administrators can easily tag their existing content as micro-learning and curate micro-learning content.
- Users can easily find or follow micro-sized topics of interest.
- The system generates a personalized weekly digest for learners with suggested micro-learning content that's consumable in under 10 minutes.
Additionally, Saba amplifies the value of Saba Cloud micro-learning through an enhanced partnership with OpenSesame, a leading content provider with the most comprehensive catalog of eLearning courses for the enterprise.
- A "drag and drop" Saba Marketplace connector lets organizations access thousands of OpenSesame courses, instantly.
- Customers can browse the OpenSesame catalog and automatically import mobile and micro-ready content into the Saba Cloud platform.
- In addition, HR and learning leaders can leverage Saba's reporting capabilities to track and analyze the impact of micro-learning on learning effectiveness, and on their business objectives.
"The new world of learning means getting relevant, digestible content in the hands of learners quickly, right at the time of need," said Don Spear, CEO of OpenSesame. "For years, OpenSesame has been helping companies develop the most productive and admired workforces with the best enterprise eLearning courses in a way that's as simple as downloading a song in iTunes and adding it to your playlist. With Saba, we've extended this seamless experience to include a vast library of mobile and micro-learning content, which will enable the many organizations we serve together today to deliver exactly what their learners expect in this new world of work."
Gamification increases learner adoption and team collaboration
When learning leaders can maximize engagement and capture the interest of their learners, programs become more impactful, and employees become more inspired to continue learning. Saba Cloud's enhanced gamification features now bring more fun and friendly competition to learning, and maximize learning effectiveness of individuals and teams.
- Employees can get immediate recognition for their learning efforts and acquired knowledge with badges and points.
- With the addition of a gamified team-based learning experience, group leaders can now implement gamification features exclusively for their teams, and track progress on team-view dashboards.
- Similar to gamification used in wellness challenges, Saba's team-based point and badge system enables employees to compare scores, "compete" with other teams within the organization, and see progress towards learning goals on their personalized "My Rewards" page.
- Learning administrators can leverage the analytics to build more strategic gamified learning programs that drive user adoption and a culture of development.
Saba's continued focus on the modern learning experience is further supported with informal learning innovations released earlier this year. Saba Discovery, a combined User Bookmarklet and Learning Record Store gives learners the ability to find, track and share informal learning, while giving talent leaders the ability to centrally track and measure the impact of all of the informal and formal learning and development that employees experience—whatever and wherever it is.
Click here to learn about Saba's additional innovations in continuous performance and real-time engagement.
Media and analysts attending the 2017 HR Technology Conference & Exposition from October 10-13 at The Venetian® Las Vegas are invited to visit booth #1601 to view a demonstration of the latest talent management innovations from Saba.
Saba delivers a cloud-based intelligent talent management and engagement solution used by leading organizations worldwide to hire, develop, engage, and inspire their people. With machine learning at its core, Saba Cloud offers proactive, personalized recommendations on candidates, connections and content to help employees and businesses lead and succeed. It is purpose-built on a highly scalable platform that exceeds industry security and reliability standards. Following the acquisition of Halogen Software, Saba is now one of the largest independent talent management providers in the world. For more information, visit http://www.saba.com.
Public Relations Manager
T: 613-270-1011 x 4990