HALOGEN PRIVACY STATEMENT
Halogen Software Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries (each, “Halogen”), is committed to the protection of the personal information that we collect and/or maintain in the course of our business activities. As part of this commitment, we have set out this Privacy Statement to describe the manner in which we treat our customers’ employee (and prospective employee) personal information when hosted on our cloud-based talent management services offerings (“Halogen TalentSpace”), as well as the personal information we collect via other means, such as through our website at www.halogensoftware.com (“Website”). As used in this Privacy Statement, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Collection and Use of Information
- Halogen TalentSpaceHalogen TalentSpace allows our customers to upload information about their organization’s employees and prospective employees (collectively, “Employees”), including names, addresses, resumes, performance reviews and competencies, and compensation information. Our customers choose the types of Employee information they upload into the Halogen TalentSpace. We do not collect or use the Employee information of our customers for any purpose other than as described in this Privacy Statement, to provide the talent management services our customers request or as otherwise described in the agreement between us and our customer.
- Website & Other We may collect and use the following information obtained via our Website or our other online activities:
- If you apply for a job at Halogen, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- If you contact us with a question, comment or complaint, we may collect your name and contact information (such as your email address or mailing address) in order for us to respond to your request. We may also keep a record of the correspondence in order to assist you again in the future.
- If you request a free trial or a demo, or register for a webinar, we may collect your name, job title, email address and certain information about your company. We use this information to contact you and otherwise facilitate your free trial, demo, or participation in the webinar, as applicable.
- If you participate in a message board, community forum, chat room or similar community, we may collect your name and email address, as well as any comments, suggestions and other feedback you provide as postings. We may use your comments, suggestions or feedback to monitor and/or improve our product and service offerings and our Website. Please remember that any information that you provide in these comment areas is accessible to the public, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information about yourself or anyone else.
- If you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by Halogen or participate in one of our surveys or other forms of customer research, we may ask you for information (such as your name and email address). The information we collect from these contests, promotions and surveys may be associated with individual customer accounts and used by us to facilitate your participation in the contest, promotion, survey or customer research and to improve our overall customer experience by helping us understand our customers.
- If you sign up to receive Halogen emails on certain pages of our Website, or if you have provided your contact information to us for the reasons set out in (iii), (iv) or (v), above, we may also send you mail or e-mail regarding products and services that we believe are of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such mailings from us, at any time you may simply "opt-out" by checking the appropriate box on the original submission form, or by using the unsubscribe mechanism in any of our emails.
It is important to note that, while you can generally visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information, we do collect the following information via our Website and/or via our online activities:
- We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Our Website may also use a technology called "tracer tags" or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our Website for you and other future visitors to our Website.
Depending on the situation, Halogen may obtain consent to the collection of personal information in different ways. Express consent may be obtained verbally, online or in writing. Implied consent may be obtained through your use of Halogen TalentSpace or other Halogen services, or when you approach us to obtain information, inquire about or request services from us. We will indicate when your consent is a condition of obtaining a service.
Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
As a matter of practice, Halogen does not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information provided to us, except as set out in this Privacy Statement and, in the case of information provided to us via Halogen TalentSpace, also as provided in our agreement with Halogen with our customer. With respect to both Halogen’s TalentSpace and our Website, the following applies:
Service Providers: We may disclose or transfer personal information to our partners, consultants and suppliers who provide services on our behalf (collectively, our “service providers”). Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes.
Sale of Business: Halogen may disclose or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Halogen or its divisions, or of any of the business or assets or shares of Halogen.
Legal obligations: We and our service providers may provide personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons, data or property.
We understand that data security is an important issue and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information provided to us, whether through Halogen’s TalentSpace or our Website. In addition, with respect to the personal information provided to us by way of our Halogen TalentSpace, Halogen has implemented information security program that includes written policies and procedures, and security controls, as further described at http://www.halogensoftware.com/uploads/pdf/security/saas-security-services.pdf.
Halogen retains such information for such periods as it believes is useful, or as may be required by contract, law or regulation.
- Halogen TalentSpace Personal information provided to Halogen by way of our cloud-based talent management services offerings is stored in Canada. However, in the course of providing services, it may be transferred to and processed by staff or service providers operating outside of Canada. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, order fulfillment, payment processing and the provision of professional and support services.
- Website & Other Personal information that we collect via our Website or other means may be transferred to, stored and processed at various locations around the world, by staff who work for us or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, providing demos, managing contests or other promotions and making hiring decisions on behalf of Halogen.
Accuracy and Access
- Halogen TalentSpace Halogen’s Customers, not Halogen, control what personal information is contained in Halogen’s TalentSpace. Accordingly, if we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we maintain on behalf of a particular customer as part of our cloud-based talent management services offerings, we will direct that individual to the relevant Halogen customer for assistance.
- Website & OtherIf you submit personal information via our Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information by submitting a written request and satisfactory identification to our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). If you find any errors in your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer as soon as possible.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically to reflect changes to our personal information practices. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted on this Website. We encourage you to periodically check this Privacy Statement to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version.
Please contact the Privacy Officer with any questions or concerns that you may have about this Privacy Statement or our personal information practices. Our Privacy Officer may be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.orgThis Privacy Statement was last updated on August 15, 2016.